After Breast Cancer Surgery
Little Boutique is Nelson’s only city centre retailer specialising in:
- Mastectomy Bras
- Lightweight Breast Forms
- Mastectomy Swimwear.
We are a New Zealand registered Ministry of Health Provider, and stock leading brands Anita and Amoena.
The Ministry of Health have a subsidy available to help you buy a prosthesis and bras.
How much can you claim?
Your entitlement is $613.33 for a unilateral or $1,226.67 for bilateral mastectomy surgery or lumpectomy, and is allocated every four years. The entitlement period begins on the date you make your first purchase from a supplier and ends four years from this date. In addition to this, you may apply to the Ministry of Health for an additional entitlement if your existing entitlement is insufficient because either:
- you are under 18 and your GP or specialist considers that your growth is incomplete and your prosthesis or prostheses needs to be replaced regularly; or
- you have lost a reconstructed breast due to infection after reconstructive surgery and need a replacement prosthesis or prostheses.
During Treatment and Early Recovery:
Little Boutique has a wide selection of very reasonably priced cotton front opening bras, these are also claimable under your Ministry of Health subsidy.
- Seamless cotton blend cups provide a smooth look under clothing without the bulk.
- Cotton inner pockets accommodate a prosthesis or lightweight form.
- Self-covered comfort strap for everyday wear.
- Easy fit and comfortable cotton elastane fabric.
A wire-free post-surgery cotton bra designed with the convenience of front and back opening for easy fastening.
Who can claim?
You may claim for this service payment if you:
- are a New Zealand citizen, or are ordinarily resident in New Zealand; and
- your specialist or GP gives you a current medical certificate with your NHI number, and details of your need for a Breast Prosthesis or prostheses.
- Lightweight, textile initial care breast forms, have skin-friendly cotton covering and moulded front.
- All early recovery and initial care products are claimable against your Ministry of Health funding.
Six Weeks Post Surgery and beyond:
Little Boutique is Nelson’s only retail store with a full selection of breast prosthesis sizes permanently in stock.
- Mastectomy bras (T-Shirt bras, Strapless Bras, Convertible Bras, Sports Bras)
- Mastectomy Swimwear
All designed by specialist suppliers with your comfort in mind.
We offer a full selection of swimwear and sleepwear with specially designed pockets to hold your breast forms discreetly and securely in place. We’ll guide you in selecting swimwear cut slightly higher under the arm for extra security; without providing excessive coverage.
Contact us to make an appointment and rest assured that you will be able to shop in privacy and comfort with assistance from our professional and compassionate consultants who understand your special needs.
For full details on the Ministry of Health Breast Prosthesis Service Payment, please visit their website HERE.